Room: Conference Theatre
Sat 24 Oct 2.00pm War: What Is It Good For? Martial Conflict in SFF
War continues to abhor and fascinate us as writers and readers but portraying it brings many challenges. This panel goes into battle on the following campaign fronts:
- are the reasons for war too simplistic in genre fiction?
- depictions of combat, martial training and practice
- writing about violence, injury and death in action
- the after-effects of war on fighters and non-combatants
- alternative resolutions, diplomacy and showing all sides
What do YOUR characters fight for?
Moderator: Natasha Bardon
Panellists: Steve Aryan, Bradley Beaulieu, Sophia McDougall, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Gav Thorpe